Society & Culture & Entertainment Education

How to Get Into South Alabama With a GED

    Applying to University of South Alabama

    • 1). Obtain a minimum score of 500 on the GED or an average score of 50, if you took the GED before 2002. As a GED recipient, the University of South Alabama does not require ACT or SAT scores.

    • 2). Fill out an application form for admission to the University of South Alabama. Obtain a copy of the application form or fill it out online at the University of South Alabama website. If you fill out the application form online, you will need a credit or debit card to pay the $35 admissions fee at the time of submission. If you choose to fill out a paper application form, you must include a check or money order.

    • 3). Arrange for a copy of your GED transcript to be sent to the University of South Alabama Admissions office.

    How to Request a Copy of Your GED Transcript

    • 1). Go to the American Counsel on Education website.

    • 2). Click on "Programs and Services."

    • 3). Click on "Transcript Services" at the bottom of the list at the left side of the screen.

    • 4). Click on "Request a Copy of Your GED Transcript."

    • 5). Fill out the personal information on the electronic form.

    • 6). Enter the name of the location where you took your GED test. If you do not know the name, you can use the Testing Center Locator on the previous webpage to help you find it.

    • 7). Select "Examinee request." This will generate an official copy of the GED transcript sent to the addressee of your choice. The cost for this service is $14.

    • 8). Request the GED transcript be sent to: University of South Alabama, Office of Admissions, 2500 Meisler Hall, Mobile, AL 36688-0002.

    • 9). Fill out the credit or debit card information at the bottom of the form. This is optional. If you want to pay by credit or debit card, you have the choice of mailing or faxing your request form. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, leave this portion blank.

    • 10

      Scroll back to the top of the page and click "Print Form."

    • 11

      Sign and date the bottom of the request form. GED Testing Services does not accept unsigned request for transcripts.

    • 12

      Mail the request form to GED Testing Service, One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20036-1193. Do not forget to enclose the $14 processing fee. Alternatively, if you choose to pay by credit card, fax the request form to 202-296-8404.

Leave a reply